The basics of innovative digital engineering
When you arrive at Télécom Paris, you will find small classes made up of students from preparatory classes for Grandes Écoles, admitted through the Mines-Ponts joint competitive entrance exam, students from university training programs (Bachelor’s degrees, Master 1 programs, technology degrees), as well as students from École polytechnique, École Normale Supérieure and international students in your second and third years.
- Acquire basic knowledge in scientific and technical disciplines which is essential for Télécom engineers
- Become acquainted with all of the school’s disciplines
- Develop cross-functional skills for engineers (languages, communication, teamwork, etc.)
- Think over education and career objectives through personalized support
Bertrand Meyer and Rémi Sharrock, professors at Télécom Paris, outline the changes that will affect the first year of the engineering course from the start of the academic year 2023.
- Strengthening generalist training at Télécom Paris.
- A better match with the world of work.
- Better consideration of students’ expectations.
A solid foundation for your career
The curriculum includes coursework and scientific, technical and economic projects carried out by all students. It is divided into the following areas:
- Applied mathematics, digital communications
- Physics, electronics, networks
- Computer Science
- Economic and social sciences
- Professional Exploration
Philippe Ciblat, professor at Télécom Paris, presents the « Tsé 101 » course on environmental issues.
- The teaching objectives on societal and environmental issues.
- Télécom Paris’ commitment to these issues.
Cross-disciplinary courses to gain insight into other fields
In addition, 1st-year students take cross-disciplinary courses in languages and general culture. They may also attend Personal and Professional Skills seminars on creativity, leadership, communication, and innovation.
Engineering students also take part in a number of conferences organized by our alumni and corporate partners on digital careers and fields.
Learning projects to develop creativity and autonomy
Our Télécom Paris engineering students participate in innovative learning projects throughout the course of their studies. 1st-year students complete:
Team project (1st semester)
Throughout the first semester, the students, divided into groups of 4-5, will carry out a digital project. Each group is given a goal and the means to achieve it, and then they have to get stuck in and get creative!
Application Project (2nd semester)
Written Communication Practices and Analyses
An individual writing project in which students examine a topic of their choice in great detail, in order to focus on one of their areas of interest, learn how to carry out research on this topic and share their knowledge in writing.
Video in french.
Personal and Professional Skills internship: real-world experience
This internship, ranging from one to two months during the summer after their 1st year, gives our engineering students the opportunity to experience life in a company, a charitable organization or a humanitarian mission. Students may choose their internships and may complete them in France or abroad.
Examples of internships:
- Nathan A. – Developing predictive algorithms for I Know First in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Léon C. – Reception at a youth hostel, Yolo Hostel, in Buzios, Brazil
- Laure P. – Discovering the work of a stage technician at the National Theater Mannheim in Mannheim, Germany